Friday, January 04, 2013

White Rabbit from Hell


Thanks to the Steam front page, where the flash sales are listed, I just learned of a really fun game I had never heard of before.  It's called Hell Yeah! (Xbox link) and it's developed by Arkedo (never heard of them, either) and published by Sega. Here's the link to the game's site, the Arkedo link being to the studio's outdated site.  Reading the little blurb description on the store page was what first grabbed my attention, then I watched the trailers (quite funny) and read the key features.  After that, I just had to try out the demo.  In fact, I played through the demo twice.  It's a super short demo but it's enough to let you know whether or not you'd like the game, at least it was for me.  I definitely liked the game. The music, the animations and graphics, and the SFX are all really good, in my opinion.
Controlling the rabbit, Prince Ash, takes a tad bit of getting used to using a keyboard and mouse, but I did pretty good and I had fun while figuring it out.

I'm sure my video will get hit with a copyright claim, but I don't care, I have to show you some of the gameplay because it is just that fun (and funny).

If you haven't done so yet, you should check out the demo.  If you have trouble getting the game to run, the first thing I'd check would be your firewall.  I told my firewall to allow the game yet it still ended up blocking something so all I got was a black screen (had that problem with SWTOR back in beta, too) and I had to do a hard reboot and try again.  Once that was fixed, the game ran just great.  If you're still having trouble, check out the forums on Steam to see if you can find a solution.

Most of all: TRY THE GAME!

[EDIT] Yep, I bought it and the two DLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment